Virtual Health Care is a quickly growing segment of the health care industry because it provides real and measurable benefits to patients.
- Virtual Health Care has been cited as being particularly helpful in rural areas, where the shortage of healthcare providers had led to a lack of accessibility to both basic healthcare and specialty care.
- Through Virtual Health Care, patients can to get access to healthcare faster, which is a leading factor in improved patient engagement and better outcomes.
- As the healthcare industry is being driven towards value-based care, the use of virtual health technologies results in many positive outcomes including: fewer hospital re-admissions, more faithful following of prescribed courses of treatment, and faster recovery than that of patients not receiving remote intervention.
- Virtual Health Care allows hospitals to create hub-and-spoke networks to provide each other with support. By easily sharing their expertise outside their own institutions, doctors can offer incredible value to their medical colleagues and those colleagues patients.
- Remote medical technology is an increasingly effective way to administer preventive medicine and manage chronic conditions.
GoMd offers affordable, convenient Virtual Health Care plans for your whole family.